Got Books

Got Books
Got Books

Saturday, March 16, 2013

I find it interesting....

I was reading today about Andrew Sullivan.  I, by the way, am not one of those always in the know type people even though I watch the evening news, and have no clue who the man is.  I did find it interesting that he is charging $19.99 for people to follow/read his blog for a year.  Here is the link if you want to read more about it:  Andrew Sullivan Article.  By the way, did I mention that he has already made over a half million in about two months from this?  Oh yhea, interesting stuff this is.

So that started me thinking about blogs in general.  What is a blog?

Well, in my opinion, blogs are online columns like Dear Abby or something of that sort, that people come to be entertained or informed at concerning one individuals view on a certain topic or idea.  It may have helpful tips or ideas, or it might just be a rant or spout off.  

So I ran off to wiki and looked it up.  Yep, that is basically what they said.  

Now I am thinking about this further and wondering what is it this man has to say that is worth that kind of money?  I did notice that someone commented that he criticized Israel.   Well, folks, I couldn't tell you.  I am not bothering to pay the cash to find out.  If anybody knows, please feel free to comment at the bottom and let me know. Regardless of what he has to say, I find it interesting that he is charging and people are paying about the same as what a newspaper subscription is for a year to see just what he has to say. 


Now, I personally don't think anyone needs to pay me anything to read my ramblings, as infrequent as they are, but hey, if you want to contribute to cause, please feel free to let me know and I can set up something. Just kidding, ya know?

I just thought I would mention this because....well, honestly it was just interesting.  

Now I am off to finish up "The House"...I see an end in sight and I can't wait to see how it happens!   If you want a sneak peek and haven't found my webpage yet, here is the address:  Nan Carder Sneak Peeks.  There is a short 5 question survey you can answer anonymously or you can hit the contact me link and email me.  I would love to hear your feedback! 

Have a great day and happy reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment