Got Books

Got Books
Got Books

Monday, April 15, 2013

Can't is NOT in my Vocabulary!!

I can not stand the word "can't".  I had a discussion today with my son, who happens to be 19 and about ready to graduate high school.   It seems his phrase of the day lately is "I can't...."  Doesn't matter what it is that is what comes up.

I am fed up with hearing that word.  Anybody who says it needs to suck it up.  Remember YOU CAN!  Who says you can't?  People who choose to not do something.  

I live by a few simple rules and one of them is "Where there is a will there is a way!"  If I had listened to everyone out there who said I can't  I would have never done the following:


  1. Had a child.  Doctors said I couldn't carry.  Guess what I can prove I could and I did.  I love him and he is my proof of I CAN! (That isn't why I had him, but he is still proof! LOL)
  2. Publish a book.  Nobody but 2 people said I could.  Everyone else in my life had no faith in me.  Guess what I have not one but 4 out there to prove I can.  I also happen to think (with a few others by the way) that I am pretty darn good at it.
  3. Moved from Nevada to the East Coast.  Yup, I was told I can't.  Guess what?  I don't live in Nevada.  Guess I can!
  4. Made management at my last job.  Yup, I was told I couldn't.  Guess what, I did.  And I think most of my employees would tell you (and fellow managers) that I was pretty darn good at that too.  
and the list goes on and on....

I think the point of this is only those who want an EXCUSE not to do something uses that word.  If you want to write and publish a book.  YOU CAN!  If you want to walk across the US or whatever country you live in YOU CAN!  If you want to make a music video, be a singer...whatever you want to do, YOU CAN DO IT!  Don't talk about it, don't think about it, just DO IT!  YOU CAN!! 

It seems that many of the younger generations have forgotten that or maybe they were never taught.  Why?  I don't know.  It seems they have lost their will to achieve anything in their life. I hear nothing but excuses.  YOU CAN DO IT!  YOU HAVE TO WORK FOR IT! 

Then again maybe I am being too hard on the younger generation, but I can say that from some of the kids my son has made friends with...*shudders*  I am afraid to grow old.  I don't want these people running my country and taking care of me in a nursing home.  *stops in thought* No, I am not being too hard on them.  They are being TOO EASY on themselves!   

It's time to take control of your destiny!  It's time to do whatever you desire (within reason.  No crimes, please, something productive!).  Write and publish that book.  Go to College.  Be a productive member of society.  Be kind to your fellow man.  Most importantly, when someone tells you that you CAN'T, remember YOU CAN!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment